Monday, October 27, 2008

Getting Started

I am new to the world of blogging, but here it goes anyway.

I started out reading updates of people that have had problem pregnancies or just have the most adorable multiples I have ever seen. I thought it might be fun to start a blog of my own.

My husband and I met in December of 1999. His roommate was dating a close friend of mine, and they introduced us. We got married on May 20, 2006. We started planning for a baby in July of this year. On August 27, 2008 we found out I was pregnant. I had my first doctor's appointment on September 22, 2008 and found out the baby's heart wasn't beating. I was 7 weeks and 6 days. As devastating as that has been to us...I know God is carrying us through. I know that he has a plan and a purpose for my life, and it's to prosper me and not to harm me (Jer. 29:11). His Amazing Grace has lifted me so many times before, and I know he hasn't brought me this far to leave me here.

I walked away from God for about 10 years of my life. I had not been living the right kind of life, I had not been doing the things I knew were right, and honestly, I didn't care. In January of 2007, the Lord brought me back to him. I praise him everyday that he is in control of my life. Even when life gets hard, and it does....I know that God will give me grace to sustain. I just have to remember, even when things get rough, God is in control!!! He knows what we need, when we need it, and what needs to happen for an eternal purpose. It may not always be what WE think we need or what WE want, but God deals in the eternal.

So I have made it through my first post...Now you have the VERY limited edition of the summary of what brought me where I am in life today atleast the important parts...Hopefully I will begin to update things a little at a time.

2 COMMENTS:

Chris and Emily said...

Hi Heather - welcome to the blogging world. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your little one. Am encouraged by you clinging to God in the midst of it. Thanks for following our story!!

Nicole said...

Gods grace will save me...
:) told u I would check out your blog!