
In Galatians 5:22-23 the Apostle Paul tells us the Fruits of the Spirit are Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, and Self-Control.
If we claim to be Christians and are filled with the Holy Spirit we should be walking in the fruits, EVERY DAY. These are the "fruit" we should bear as children of God...An orange tree can not bear lemons...In the same way we as Children of God should not bear the wrong kind of fruit, not only that, we should be bearing good, wholesome, delicious fruit (of the Spirit).
I realized when I read this verse today I haven't been doing this very well lately. My love has been replaced by anger, my peace and joy, by depression and anxiety, my gentleness by rough speech and downright meanness in some cases.
My prayer today is that I will begin to bear the right kind of fruit again. I need the nudging of the Holy Spirit when I am walking in the wrong direction and when I am allowing my emotions to control my behavior, rather than having self-control over my emotions and choosing consciously to make the right choice and to bear the right fruit.
Today is a new Day, Praise the LORD!!!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Walking in the Fruit
Posted by Heather at 9:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 COMMENTS:
Post a Comment