I can't say alot, because I don't know alot...but my Grandfather (Papaw) is having some skin cells removed today. He had a skin cancer removed a couple of weeks ago, and they were going back today to remove more of the cells underneath. The doctor told my dad today (before they did the procedure) that it was a "Stage 3." However, I am confused about this, because I thought the tests today were suppose to determine what stage the cancer was. According to the doctor today they are removing more cells as a precautionary measure.
From what I understand he will see a cancer doctor in a couple of weeks to see if the cancer has spread, and if it has they will start an aggressive treatment (However, right now, Papaw says he isn't going to take the treatment)
Please pray that they will not find anymore cancer and that the treatments will be unnecessary.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Papaw Holston
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 COMMENTS:
praying... praying... praying...
i had a melanoma removed in november of 2007. i had it removed and they tested it and determined that it was melanoma insitu which is a non invasive melanoma meaning that it had not spread... but since it was melanoma i had to go back in as well to have more tissue removed as precautionary measures... i did not have to go see a cancer specailist though... praying so hard for him...
i have a skin cancer awareness ribbon on my blog if you would like to copy over to here...
i hope you are doing well... does little miss have a name yet?
Post a Comment