I know I am late getting the latest posted from my doctor's appointment last week. Things have been so hectic, I just haven't had much time. I went for a routine appointment, and mentioned that I had not been feeling her move very much that day and only a handful of times for the past 2 days. My doctor got a concerned look on her face and ordered a sonogram and to make sure my fluid was at the proper level off I went in a tizzy. This is the first doctor's appointment that I have gone to alone since I miscarried last year, for precisely that reason. I didn't want to be alone for any surprises. Either my mom, Nichole or Bill have been with me for every appointment. But of course Thursday of all days, Bill had to work, Nichole had a sick baby and I told my mom that I was fine, I had been feeling some movement and we didn't have a sonogram scheduled, so I could be a big girl and go by myself this one time....HUH....well I had to wait forever for the sonogram since they were working me in, it gave my mind plenty of time to wander and think of every horrible scenario possible. Finally, they called me in and I hopped up on the little table, and right away she started kicking and squirming and moving all around. My fluid levels were fine. They told me I have an anterior placenta and that it is cushioning some of her kicks and movements, and that is why depending on where she moves and kicks I don't feel her for a while. They say once she gets bigger that won't be a problem anymore, I will feel her no matter where she moves. So all is well, and little Miss Maci is doing just fine. My next appointment is at the end of September and I will have to do the dreaded glucose test...I am not looking forward to that, but I will also go that same week for a 4-D sonogram, I am super excited about that, can't wait to post the pictures.
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 COMMENTS:
yea!!!!!! glad all is well!
So glad all is well with your little Maci.
Her sono pic is so sweet. She looks perfect.
when did you decide on the name? I love that spelling too...
Oh, I am so glad everything is okay!! I know all too well how the mind can wander and worry.
And you picked a name! Maci...how beautiful :)
And hey, the glucose test isn't so bad! I think if you fail it, going back for the all-day testing is bad. But not the first one...but that's just me :) Well, I don't like getting my finger pricked, but it goes so quickly.
Post a Comment