Friday, November 13, 2009

Very Scary Day

We had a little scare yesterday.  Little missy decided to take a really long, really still nap on me.  Didn't move a muscle from the time I woke up at 6:00am until after 1:00pm.  I freaked!!!  I did everything I knew to do, I drank a sugary cold drink, I ate, and laid on my side (sort of, in a recliner on our showroom floor)...I poked, and rubbed, and shook my belly trying to make her move....NOTHING!!   I went to the doctor at 1:00 on the verge of a panic attack, and they hooked me up to the fetal monitors!  Her heart was beating away just fine, and about 15 minutes in to them placing the little-tiny-not-heavy-at-all monitors on my stomach that weren't nearly as aggrivating as what I had been doing to my belly all moring, she started trying to kick them off, like they were bothering her...FIGURES!!! But thats ok, I was so glad she was kicking at them, all I could do was laugh.  She even had the hiccups for a little while, and I could hear them on the monitor, so that was very neat.  I was just glad everything was ok.  Now I am counting kicks twice a day and keeping records of them on a sheet the doctor gave me, but everything is great!! I can't wait until this little girl gets here!!  Less than 7 weeks until my due date!!

2 COMMENTS:

Hilary said...

oh my goodness...scary!!
I am so, so glad everything is okay and that she started kicking!
I remember times like that...when Raven wouldn't move for awhile and I'd poke and prod my belly until she did.
I'm just so sorry you had to go all day w/o feeling her and getting worried.
I totally would have done what you did...rush to the hospital.
Again, I'm glad everything's okay!!

Nicole said...

now i am doing kick counts daily...