Just a quick post to ask you all to say a prayer for Maci (and mommy) some how we have picked up a pretty nasty cold. Normally I know colds aren't a big deal, but mommy is a little bit of a worrier, and Maci is just SOOOO little. Her little nose is so raw from having to be suctioned out so much, it breaks my heart. It started yesterday afternoon and I am wondering if we didn't pick it up at the doctor's office on Thursday when we went in for her 2 week check up. She weighed 8 lbs and 4 oz, that is up from the 7lbs 6oz weighed when we left the hospital. She also has grown 3/4" and the doctor said she was perfect. Then Friday afternoon she started spitting up almost her entire bottle every time she ate, and her nose started sounding stuffy. The only thing they say we can do for her is put saline drops in her nose 3 times a day, suction her nose out and let her sleep sitting up (in her car seat works best). She is spitting up her bottles because the drainage in her throat is making it hard for her to swallow....Seriously PITIFUL....I have cried right along with her. We have practically moved in at my moms this weekend, I need all the help I can get. Please say a prayer for my peace of mind (I am not sleeping because I am staying awake watching her breathe) and for her to get better, the poor baby is MISERABLE!
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 COMMENTS:
I am so sorry for you guys. That is awful. Peanut got a nasty cold like that when she was first born too, and I remember those days all too well. I will be praying for you guys and a speedy recovery. My only recommendation is lots of skin to skin time. Let her sleep in her diaper on your bare chest and both of ya'll can catch some rest. It's theraputic.
Post a Comment