Monday, March 8, 2010

Private vs. Public Blog

I am getting a little parinoid about my blog being public.  If I were to decide to make my blog private how many of you would like to be added to my list of approved readers?  I am not sure who is actually reading my blog because I only get comments from 2 or 3 people.  However, I think several personal friends may be reading and not commenting (they do not have blogs of their own). I don't know how that works.  If I make my blog private and several people reading that don't have blogs, will they still be allowed to read my blog if I invite them via their e-mail address??  I am just looking for some feedback on what I should do.  Now that Maci is here, I am getting more and more parinoid about who I let into my world.  There are several of you that I really enjoy reading and commenting on your blogs and I enjoy you commenting on mine, I have even formed friendships via e-mail with some of you and I don't want to loose that aspect.  I also want my family to be safe and don't want to let just anyone into my world.

 Just wondering what you guys think...
Let me know in the comment section or send me an e-mail hkimble1028@yahoo.com

2 COMMENTS:

Chickie said...

Well you know how I feel as I am now making my blog private... please add me to your approved readers list. I am going to email you my email address that I sign in to Google with.

Hilary said...

I would continue to read!
You and I go waaay back. haha :)
Oh, and people do not need to have their own blogs in order to read your blog. They will just tell you what email address to send the invite to and they will be asked to sign up under their google account (but all they have to do is put in whatever email address they already have with the password that goes with it. Like for me, when I sign in to google, I use my AOL account. I just know that it confuses some people thinking they have to set up some new google account or something. They don't...they just use their current email address.)
But, I totally understand about the privacy thing...obviously, since my blog is private! As a mom, we have to make the best choice for our families and privacy nowadays is hard to come by...especially with blogs since you never know who is peeking in. Do what you feel is right!
And if you do go private, I'd love an invite :)