Today was my due date. If things had gone differently, I would be holding my new baby today. Looking at his or her eyes, holding his or her little hands in mine, and trying to figure out which one of us he or she looks like. I have been dreading this day with everything in me. I have worried and wondered about how I would react today. It’s amazing; I can't even explain the Peace that God has given me today. While I AM sad, I am not overwhelmed. I am actually OK. I honestly never thought I would be able to say that and without the help of God, I wouldn’t be able to say it. He is my ALL IN ALL!
The old song is so true....
You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all
Seeking you as a precious jewel
Lord, to give up I’d be a fool
You are my all in all
When I fall down you pick me up
When I am dry You fill my cup
You are my all in all
I don’t know who is out there reading this today, or what is going on in your life; but please let me assure you, even when it feels like you can’t hold on, Jesus is holding you. Don’t give up! I have felt, at times, like I couldn’t go on, like my life was falling in around me, and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I also know the relief that comes when Jesus just holds you in his arms, and that is a place I never want to leave. Please, know that God loves you and wants nothing but the best for you. Sometimes he allows us to walk through things that we can’t understand, but he is always there to hold us, just don’t give up.
Isaiah 43:2 (NIV)
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.
Psalm 89:1 (NIV)
I will sing of the Lord’s great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
5.5.09
Posted by Heather at 8:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 COMMENTS:
You are in my thoughts and prayers today Heather!!!
Thank you so much for the comment on my blog! I agree wholeheartedly about not bullying your husband, especially when it is to get something you want! That is great advice!
Also, I wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss and completely understand what you are going through. I have had two miscarriages and we are going through infertility stuff right now. It can be so taxing and hard to trust God in the middle of such stress, but I have found the more I cry out to Him the closer I feel to Him and the more I realize just how much He has his hands on everything!
Hope today continues to be gentle on you. Praising God for peace for you and praying his blessings abound in the coming year for you.
Post a Comment