Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tabouli



I finally found a recipe for Tabouli, I am so very excited. I haven’t actually tried this recipe yet, but I was so happy to have even found it, I had to share it today.

3 Cups of finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
4 or 5 finely chopped green onions
4 ripe, medium sized tomatoes, chopped into small cubes
1 cup of bulgur
½ teaspoon allspice
½ cup lemon juice
5 tbs olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Rinse bulgur several times and soak in cold water for about twenty minutes
Chop Tomatoes (small dice)
Clean and Chop Parsley (remove large stems, you want mostly leaves)
Put Bulgar in a Sieve to drain
Chop green onions
Mix together – Toss Well

Taste for seasoning, if too dry you can add additional lemon juice

Tabouli benefits from resting; leave in the refrigerator for a few hours or over night tossing occasionally.

Tasty Tip: Use in a Salad - Greens, Cucumbers, Tabouli, Sunflower Seeds and Ranch Dressing....YUM, YUM, YUMMY.....served with a side a Hummus and Pretzel Crisps

1 COMMENTS:

Chickie said...

This sounds yummy!

Also, there is a surprise for you on my blog.