What I realized this weekend (I knew this before now, it just hit home this weekend) is you have to spend time with God in order to have a good relationship with him as well. How can you expect ANY relationship to grow if you only talk to each other once a week. How would you feel if the only time people took time to talk to you was when they were asking you to do something? How would you feel if no one ever spent time with you just because they liked your company. I would think that is how God feels sometimes. I realized this weekend, I have really let my "quiet time" with God slip. I have allowed things to get in the way, I am not referring to sin, but just life in general. When you start letting your time with God slip, your relationship will slip as well (just like in marriage). God desires for you to talk to him, to spend time in his presence. Going to church once a week isn't enough. Praying when you want something, isn't enough. You have to have a RELATIONSHIP with God. He isn't our personal Genie in a bottle; only here to grant our wish, and then go back in the bottle until we want him again. He is the LOVER OF OUR SOUL. The almighty God and he wants his creation to worship him and love him.
Think of this: Is it enough for someone to love you without ever telling you or showing you? They just take for granted that you know they love you. Is that how we are treating God. How often do you spend time just loving God, just reading his word, worshiping him, thanking him. I know I haven't been doing enough of that lately.
I know how I desire to be shown love and to be told I am loved. I am sure God feels the same way. Yes he "knows your heart", just as I "know my husbands heart" when it comes to loving me...but there is something so much more special about it when he TELLS me he loves me.



0 COMMENTS:
Post a Comment