I want to share a little secret (or not so secret) I found. You can buy used books, cheap, on Amazon. Usually you pay more for the shipping than the book. Just an example, I found a book that has been out of print for some time, for $5.49. The name of the book, Kenny and his Animal Friends. This is a book my mom had as a child and she read to me when I was little. I desperately wanted a copy to one day read to my own children. I paid $1.50 for the book and $3.99 for the shipping. Now, everyone knows about Amazon, I know...no big secret there.
The real secret I wanted to share is, I noticed while shopping, you can actually go to some of the individual sellers websites and order from them directly. I highly recommend this option if you are purchasing more than one book, as Amazon charges about $3.99 per book for shipping. I found a really neat seller Springys Treasures, and I have ordered 3 more of my childhood Favorites from them...The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, Charlotte's Web, and Stuart Little. The books were $.74 ea. and the total shipping was $5.00. I paid a total of $7.22 for all three books (that's roughly $2.41 per book). This was such a wonderful Deal, I just couldn't keep it to myself. If you want to check out either of these sights, I have had nothing but pleasant experiences with both of them. I order used books and they are in pretty good shape when I get them. The worst I have gotten was Kenny and His Animal Friends and the only thing wrong with it was the pages were a little yellowed and the hardback cover had a little writing on it (but not bad at all). I thought that was very good for a book that was published in the 60's! My mom still has her copy, but it is colored all over, inside and out, and the spine is being held together loosely tape that is probably as old as I am. So to find one so clean and well preserved was just lovely.
Happy Shopping!!



1 COMMENTS:
thanks for the encouragement you left on my blog today. It's needed and very appreciated!! Those were great verses - several that were not ones my mind had recalled initially. Thanks for taking the time to write and to pray for us.
Emily (cort and cohen's mommy)
Post a Comment